Sunday, July 17, 2011

Life in Sydney (days 1-3)

My first day here I landed in Sydney around 8 am and waited and waited on tons of lines to get through customs and to exit the airport. It was amusing to see cars driving on the other side of the road and the temperature expressed in Celsius! It was about 7 degrees when I got here...which was  actually pretty comfortable. Lisa, the girl I am staying with, was eager to have me and show me around.   I settled in her house (pretty jetlagged) and pretty much slept all day.  At night we went to this beautiful bar in downtown Sydney called the Establishment to meet up with some of her friends. 
 Day two I went to wildlife world right on Darling Harbor which was awesome.  The koalas and kangaroos were obviously my favorite.  We then got lunch and sat right across the harbor from the opera house.  It's as amazing as the pictures. We then went to Bondi beach which was absolutely beautiful! We then saw Harry Potter and got Thai with Lisa and her friends.   (Thai is as popular here as Mexican is in the US).  Busy day.
Day three Lisa and I went to "the football".. which was a rugby match.. Australia Wallabies vs. Samoa! We lost :( but it was a good and interesting match.
It's been busy and exciting here and I am very eager to go up to Armidale on Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment